Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” 19:53 - Aug 11 with 4331 viewsBlue_Dwarf

I’m not surprised if he is frustrated and disappointed, he was adjudged to be fit enough to be on the bench vs Blackburn but not considered fit enough to be on the bench today. Last 20 minutes he could have come on and had a real influence today.
“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 20:13 - Aug 11 with 3145 viewsfloridaboy

Give it a rest!!!

Dozzell is not fit enough. Read the managers comments. And please don't mention the West Ham friendly. It was a bloody friendly - not a full blown championship match.

If Hurst had played him and he got injured again you would be on here slagging the manager off for playing him

I for one am happy Hurst is protecting the boy. I trust his judgement over yours!!
“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 20:44 - Aug 11 with 3095 viewsHennikerBlu

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 20:13 - Aug 11 by floridaboy

Give it a rest!!!

Dozzell is not fit enough. Read the managers comments. And please don't mention the West Ham friendly. It was a bloody friendly - not a full blown championship match.

If Hurst had played him and he got injured again you would be on here slagging the manager off for playing him

I for one am happy Hurst is protecting the boy. I trust his judgement over yours!!

You are right of course. Playing an injury free play, but one that is unfit can cause more harm.

You do have to respect these fitness judgements by managers as they use sports science to assess them.
“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 20:57 - Aug 11 with 3049 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 20:44 - Aug 11 by HennikerBlu

You are right of course. Playing an injury free play, but one that is unfit can cause more harm.

You do have to respect these fitness judgements by managers as they use sports science to assess them.

And why was he on the bench last week then? It’s the inconsistency that irks ...
“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 21:02 - Aug 11 with 3037 viewsjas0999

Completely agree. Superb player and ours.
“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 21:06 - Aug 11 with 3009 viewsStokieBlue

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 20:57 - Aug 11 by CBMTOBWMMBG

And why was he on the bench last week then? It’s the inconsistency that irks ...

Because we had less players last week?

So it's not really inconsistent is it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 21:08 - Aug 11 with 3006 viewsgardins01

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 21:02 - Aug 11 by jas0999

Completely agree. Superb player and ours.

Waghirn played for Derby tonight but hasn't played hardly at al pre season. Dozzel is our best and most gifted player by miles. We have to get to get him on the pitch and making a difference.
“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 21:45 - Aug 11 with 2905 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 21:06 - Aug 11 by StokieBlue

SB

Blimey.

If he’s unfit, he’s unfit. So putting him on the bench is pointless either last week or this, however many players you have.

Don’t understand why you’re sticking up for him here. He’s messed up on this one and confused some fans.

I do like the way you initialise your posts though. Stylish!
“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 21:53 - Aug 11 with 2855 viewspatrickswell

Not to mention the whole, “We need bodies” narrative, but we’re likely to put Dozzell and Nydam out on loan. I will be so angry if we end up loaning in someone we have no chance of buying in their place.

If you expect me to willingly take a transitional season in which we finish 18th but show “progress”, I’d rather do it with our own prospects learning on the job.
Login to get fewer ads

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 22:00 - Aug 11 with 2833 viewsStokieBlue

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 21:45 - Aug 11 by CBMTOBWMMBG

Blimey.

If he’s unfit, he’s unfit. So putting him on the bench is pointless either last week or this, however many players you have.

Don’t understand why you’re sticking up for him here. He’s messed up on this one and confused some fans.

I do like the way you initialise your posts though. Stylish!

I think he's made his reasoning pretty clear in the story on the main page.

How many times have you seen Dozzell play first team football? I can help you out here, at most it's 45 minutes as that's all his played I believe? Perhaps Hurst has a better idea that you or I about what he needs.

Seems a bit early to be going off the deep end about it. I want to see Dozzell be a star for us but maybe we need to be patient for that to happen.

SB
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 22:00]

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 08:44 - Aug 13 with 2623 viewsitfcjoe

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 22:00 - Aug 11 by StokieBlue

I think he's made his reasoning pretty clear in the story on the main page.

How many times have you seen Dozzell play first team football? I can help you out here, at most it's 45 minutes as that's all his played I believe? Perhaps Hurst has a better idea that you or I about what he needs.

Seems a bit early to be going off the deep end about it. I want to see Dozzell be a star for us but maybe we need to be patient for that to happen.

SB
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 22:00]

He's played a fair bit more football than 45 mins

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 09:13 - Aug 13 with 2545 viewsBrixtonBlue

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 20:13 - Aug 11 by floridaboy

Give it a rest!!!

This is a football messageboard for opinions. Why are you trying to close someone down just because they have a different opinion to you?

The West Ham friendly was the last one before the season started and pretty full on, so shouldn't be dismissed. Dozzell starred.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 09:14 - Aug 13 with 2538 viewsBrixtonBlue

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 21:06 - Aug 11 by StokieBlue

SB

That's a daft argument. You're saying we didn't have enough players to fill the bench so we put Dozzell there even though he wouldn't get on? Come on.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 09:26 - Aug 13 with 2494 viewsbluefunk

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 09:14 - Aug 13 by BrixtonBlue

That's a daft argument. You're saying we didn't have enough players to fill the bench so we put Dozzell there even though he wouldn't get on? Come on.

Is it possible that he could play 20/30minutes, so could have made a sub appearance without being ready for 90 minutes week in week out in the Championship?
“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 10:08 - Aug 13 with 2400 viewsBrixtonBlue

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 09:26 - Aug 13 by bluefunk

Is it possible that he could play 20/30minutes, so could have made a sub appearance without being ready for 90 minutes week in week out in the Championship?

Of course. But if he's ok for 20/30 mins, why was he not even on the bench v Rotherham?

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 10:10 - Aug 13 with 2392 viewschicoazul

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 10:08 - Aug 13 by BrixtonBlue

Of course. But if he's ok for 20/30 mins, why was he not even on the bench v Rotherham?

Probably because Hurst had players who were ready to go for 90 instead.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 10:11 - Aug 13 with 2387 viewsGlasgowBlue

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 10:08 - Aug 13 by BrixtonBlue

Because we had more fit players that we didn’t have last week?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 10:11 - Aug 13 with 2379 viewsStokieBlue

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 09:14 - Aug 13 by BrixtonBlue

It's not a daft argument.

He may have been fine for 20 minutes but Hurst this week may have wanted players who could do more. You are saying it's better to have nobody on the bench than someone who can do a short spurt.

Hurst has been very clear on this thoughts, perhaps people should read them and take them at face value.

Getting your argumentative hat on early this week Dollers.

SB

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 10:12 - Aug 13 with 2367 viewschicoazul

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 09:13 - Aug 13 by BrixtonBlue

This is a football messageboard for opinions. Why are you trying to close someone down just because they have a different opinion to you?

The West Ham friendly was the last one before the season started and pretty full on, so shouldn't be dismissed. Dozzell starred.

"Why are you trying to close someone down just because they have a different opinion to you?"

Quite right quite right. Can you ever imagine doing such a thing Jerseys?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 10:14 - Aug 13 with 2352 viewschicoazul

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 10:11 - Aug 13 by GlasgowBlue

If indeed Andre is only fit for let's say 45 mins and Hurst has players like Edun who are fit for 90 then it's just good management leaving him out.

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 10:18 - Aug 13 with 2335 viewsxrayspecs

Suspect PH has taken a view that AD is not yet battle hardened to be a regular in the first team. He appears to be behind Chalobah in the holding midfield position and Nolan if PH sees Andre as a number 10.

Worth remembering AD has only 12 first team appearances and has been out for a season. Let's trust the coaches to get his strength and fitness up to a level where he can compete for a full 90 minutes Sat-Tues-Sat and then get him some game time, either in our squad or on loan. He may well benefit starting games away from PR rather than warming the bench if he is not a first choice in the team.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 10:22]
“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 10:19 - Aug 13 with 2322 viewsBrixtonBlue

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 10:12 - Aug 13 by chicoazul

"Why are you trying to close someone down just because they have a different opinion to you?"

Quite right quite right. Can you ever imagine doing such a thing Jerseys?

No. Who have I closed down?

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 10:21 - Aug 13 with 2304 viewsBrixtonBlue

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 10:11 - Aug 13 by StokieBlue

It's not a daft argument.

He may have been fine for 20 minutes but Hurst this week may have wanted players who could do more. You are saying it's better to have nobody on the bench than someone who can do a short spurt.

Hurst has been very clear on this thoughts, perhaps people should read them and take them at face value.

Getting your argumentative hat on early this week Dollers.

SB

I thought this was a discussion about Andre Dozzell where everyone was allowed a say. But if ol' Dollers has a different opinion it's being argumentative?

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 10:27 - Aug 13 with 2255 viewsBrixtonBlue

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 10:11 - Aug 13 by GlasgowBlue

Better than Dozzell?

We lost the game because we didn't create enough chances despite dominating. I'm of the opinion that 20/30 mins from Dozzell (if that's what he's capable of) might've been enough to unlock them.

Might not as well of course.

I fully understand Hurst's reasons for leaving him out but I wonder if he's a little risk averse like Mick was before him. Dozzell played 70 mins against West Ham a couple of weeks ago. I know it's only a friendly but it was the last one before the season proper so likely to be the nearest to full pelt... and against Prem opposition. I doubt Andre's fitness has gone backwards in that time.

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 10:27 - Aug 13 with 2254 viewschicoazul

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 10:19 - Aug 13 by BrixtonBlue

No. Who have I closed down?

No no, *trying* to close down. I'm agreeing with you!

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 10:29 - Aug 13 with 2248 viewsBrixtonBlue

“What I don’t want is Andre to get even more frustrated and disappointed” on 10:27 - Aug 13 by chicoazul

No no, *trying* to close down. I'm agreeing with you!

I'll give you one last chance before I get bored. Who have I "tried" to close down?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024